Virtual offices are gaining in popularity, slowly becoming the norm for many businesses. Why? because they offer the ability to work from anywhere, reduced commute times, and provide more flexibility for employees. As for employers, virtual offices reduce overhead and increase employee productivity. While it may seem like the perfect solution for many businesses, virtual offices come with a unique set of challenges. In this post, we’ll look at the different ways you can make a virtual office the ideal setup for you and your team!
Here are 5 ways to get the most out of your Virtual Office
- Establish a routine: The biggest challenge of working from home is the lack of structure. To avoid the meandering of your day and feeling unproductive or, in the alternative, to avoid the feeling that you’re always working, it is best to establish a daily routine and schedule. Create your work day with a start and end time, and don’t forget to schedule your breaks. A set work schedule is important to combat Parkinson’s Law, which states that work expands to fill the time available for completion.
- Create a designated workspace: It’s important to establish a specific area in your home designated as your office. This can help you separate your work life from your personal life. Invest in a proper desk, a comfortable chair, and whatever equipment you need to run a successful business. This will make it easier to focus on work, allowing you to be your most productive.
- Communicate with your team: One of the downsides of remote work is the feelings of isolation and disconnect from coworkers and teammates. To make up for the lack of face time that occurs when you’re in the office, find other ways to connect. Thanks to technology, this is easy with Google Meets, Zoom, and other video conferencing platforms. Schedule weekly or daily check-ins with your team to make sure everyone knows what needs to get done and what projects are priorities and which to put on the back burner.
- Set boundaries: When you work from home, it’s easy to let your work life and your personal life blend into one another. This is something that you need to be wary of as it keeps you on the clock 24/7, eventually leading to burnout, an occupational phenomenon not to be taken lightly. In fact, the World Health Organization included occupational burnout in their 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) and advises people on the different steps they can take to avoid it altogether.
- Utilize Technology: Invest in the equipment you need. Purchase a desktop with a larger screen to work without irritating your eyes. Buy the software you need to ensure your company runs seamlessly across different platforms for all team members. Ensure you have a reliable internet connection, so you’re always available during working hours.
Enjoy the freedom that a virtual office can offer and have fun with the new lifestyle you’ve created. At Opus VO, you get to build your business your way. We offer many premium services in our standard virtual office package. You can choose your location from any of our 650 locations across the U.S. and Canada. With a virtual office, you get a prestigious mailing address for your company, digital mail sort, real-time call log, meeting rooms when needed, call forwarding, and live call answering. Everything you need to run a successful business is provided for you. So what’s stopping you from switching to a virtual office?